Opening times + admission prices
As of Monday, 4 June 2012, the Museum of Prehistory and Early History is scheduled to close its temporary exhibition area ‘Stone Age to Pre-Roman Iron Age’ on level 3 (upper floor) of the Neues Museum. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The closure is in preparation for the temporary exhibition ‘Russians & Germans. 1000 Years of Art, History and Culture’, which will be on display on level 3 of the Neues Museum from October 2012 until the middle of January 2013. This will be followed by the installation of the new part of the Museum of Prehistory and Early History’s permanent exhibition in the section ‘Stone Age to Pre-Roman Iron Age’, which is currently due to open at Easter 2014.
Avoid the queues – with a time slot ticket
Admission to the Neues Museum is valid during a particular half-hour time slot. The time spent in the museum itself is not limited.
Purchase online >>
By phone:+49 (0)30 266 42 42 42 (Mon – Fri: 9:00 – 4 p.m.)
Mon 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tue 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Wed 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thu 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Fri 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sat 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sun 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Last admission one hour before closing.
Leftover tickets for all time slots are usually available at the ticket office on the day.
14 euros, concessions* 7 euros
Tickets for the whole Museum Island area are valid in conjunction with a time slot ticket (available at no extra charge).
This also applies to owners of the following tickets:
Three Day Tickets for Berlin museums
SMB Jahreskarte for permanent exhibitions
Jahreskarte PLUS for permanent and temporary exhibitions
For further information >>
An audio guide is included in the admission price.
The general concession amounts to 50% off. Reduced-price admissions can be enjoyed by: school pupils (free up to and including age 18), students, those in military and civilian service, the unemployed and severely disabled (at least 50% ‘GdB’). The relevant documentation is required.
- Children up to and including age 18
- School pupils accompanied by a teacher (* prior registration required)
- Students attending regular courses at university or technical university, accompanied by a lecturer (* prior registration required)
- Members of ICOM and the German Museums Association, proof of membership required
- Members of an association of friends for a museum belonging to the National Museums in Berlin; proof of membership required, admission to all permanent exhibitions only
- 1.Members of an association of friends of a museum responsible for a particular temporary exhibition are granted free admission to that exhibition
- Owners of a valid, official press pass
- Social welfare recipients / ALG II recipients with official documentation
- The person stated on the severe disability pass, identified as the pass holder’s necessary able-bodied companion.
Visitors with free admission** also require a time slot ticket (available at no extra charge).
A bookshop and café are located on the ground floor.